Aug 14, 2017

Be My Neighbor

I have a group of Instagram friends, and we always exchange homemade gifts for Christmas and birthdays.
It was becoming quite time consuming, so Lynette came up with the idea of this Be My Neighbor quilt.
You can get the pattern here.
For everyone's birthday, we make them two blocks from the quilt.
We are each pre assigned two blocks, and we make those same two blocks for everyone on their birthday.
There are eight of us, me, Tazzie, Nessa, Joanna, Lynette, Annette, Kristie and Leanne.
The blocks are made with fig tree fabrics and we all used the same Moda color for the background.
Here are the blocks I received on my birthday.








The blocks below are the ones I made :)


Look how beautifully all the blocks match!!!
The rows will be separated by sashing in the background color.


Every quilt has a story, this is one about friendships :)


2 comments:

  1. Everyone sent in such beautiful blocks. This is going to look gorgeous when done. What a great gift giving idea!

    ReplyDelete