Aug 21, 2017

The Improv Spool

I belong to a virtual quilting bee, The Bees Knees, a Quilting Bee.
The ladies in the group are wonderful, although I haven't met any of them in person, yet :)
The month of August was Kim Walus' month to send out a block for us to sew.
She also sent extra fabric as a gift for us to make a block for ourselves.
Kim even asked us which one was our favorite color.
As you can see, I chose mint green :)


The block was paper pieced, but very easy to sew.


Here's the block I made for Kim, she sent all the fabric already cut.


The one on the left is mine, but I like the dark color Kim sent for the spool, better.
I'm always limited to the variety in my stash, lol!


I copied Melissa McCrory and made a mini to hang on my wall.


The free pattern can be found here.
It's by Konda Luckau, she has a lot of cute ideas for the block.


2 comments:

  1. Love the mint fabric. These blocks are so cute, and look like variegated thread wound around a spool. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this block. Just may try this myself. I really love that spool pin cushion, too. Pretty. I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete